Patria Productions: News & Reviews
Marjan Kiepura's CD - "Images of a Homeland"
CD and MP3 Reviews
Steven Turpin, Classical Music Coordinator, Morning Musicale host - Indiana Public Radio
The Merry Widow - Marta Eggerth and Jan Kiepura Remembered
"Kiepura speaks Chopin's Polish rhythmic language fluently, as a mother tongue."
Jonathan Bellman - American Record Guide.
"Marjan Kiepura is a highly gifted pianist...Here is Chopin played from the heart with a real feeling for the mazurka rhythm"
BBC Radio 3 Program "Essential Classics" hosted by Rob Cowan, commenting on Marjan Kiepura's CD.
"...this CD makes a strong, individual and lasting impression."
Jessica Duchen, Pianist Magazine, London.
"...(Marjan Kiepura)...played with impressive empathy and an energetic response to the character rhythms of Chopin's writing."
BBC Radio 3's weekly program "CD Review" with presenter and critic Andrew McGregor, reviewing mazurkas from Marjan Kiepura's Chopin CD, broadcast on January 30, 2010.
Live Concert Review:
"Marjan Kiepura plays and radiates the music of Chopin from the depth of his soul."
Salmon Media Press, Laura Brown, Editorial Assistant - The Littleton Courier – Sept 9, 2015
- Marjan Kiepura in Concert with Elysium - between Two Continents. A program of Stefan Zweig and Frederic Chopin - March 8, 2017
- Ohio Light Opera symposium, by Harry Forbes – August 16, 2016
- Review by Steven Turpin: Classical Music Coordinator/Morning Musicale Host, Indiana Public Radio
- "Update" to New York Times review by music critic Bernard Sherman
- Pianist Magazine - London - by Jessica Duchen
- Classic FM Magazine - London - Jane Jones
- American Record Guide - by Jonathan Bellman
- Piano World - (Holland)
- Musical Opinion - England - by Robert Matthew Walker
- Piano Journal - London - by Alberto Portugheis
- Wiener Zeitung - by Edwin Baumgartner
- Entertainment Times - Keene, NH - by Frank Behrens
- BBC Music Magazine - Jeremy Siepmann
- Amazon.com - Editorial Review - by Edith Eisler
- "Nowy Dziennik" - Polish Daily Newspaper (New York)
by Jan Latus
- New Yorker Staats-Zeitung "Culture"
(German American Newspaper New York) - by Egon Stadelman
Sampling of Live Concert Reviews
- The Bridge Journal - No. 3, October 2016 - New York/Germany [113 KB pdf]
- Austrian Consulate New York Review of Performance and Reading, April 7, 2016
- "Sounds in the Sanctuary Series" at the Bethlehem Hebrew Center, Bethlehem New Hampshire - Sept 9, 2015: Salmon Press Media
- Last month we had an enthusiastic audience for our first concert of this music series with the noted pianist Marjan Kiepura and narrator Jane Knox. Mr. Kiepura's pianistic virtuosity, ability to create an array of tonal colors, and sensitive interpretations of works of Chopin provided an uplifting experience.
"SUNDAY MUSIC SERIES" - New York City – Sept 20, 2015
Our Lady of Good Counsel-St. Thomas More Bulletin
- "Pianist and Littleton resident Marjan Kiepura gives brilliant dynamic concert performance in Gorham, NH" - By Elizabeth Hill special to "The Courier", Littleton, NH
- Images of a Homeland : The Music of Frederic Chopin
at 92nd Street Y's 60+ program, New York
- Surroundings Art Gallery Newsletter - Sandwich, New Hampshire, July 24, 2013. Wednesday Evening Piano Recital Series
"We had a full house last Wednesday night to hear Marjan Kiepura play a number of Chopin works, together with narrator Jane Knox-Kiepura.
"Marjan Kiepura brought Chopin's homeland to life with his performance of Chopin masterpieces."
- Review of master class and workshop on Frederic Chopin
by Marjan Kiepura at the Vivace School of Music, St Johnsbury Vermont, Oct 8, 2012 (2.26 MB PDF file)
- The Conway Daily Sun, Conway, NH - Jane Wilcox Hively
Marta Eggerth: My Life, My Song
- Marta Eggerth, Legendary Soprano, Talks About Vienna, Career - Manuela Hoelterhoff, Bloomberg, Nov. 21 2005
- Singing from Life - Brian Kellow salutes Marta Eggerth in Opera, September 2005
- Heard for Eight Decades, Her Voice Doesn't Waver -- New York Times feature article by Anne Midgette August 10, 2005
- Opera Now review May/June 2005 by George Hall
- Opera News review June 2005 by F. Paul Driscoll
- Amazon.com - Editorial Review - 2005 - by Edith Eisler